Monday, February 27, 2012

Lent Has Begun

Lent has begun for us Eastern Orthodox/Eastern Rite Church. It technically began last night with Forgiveness Vespers. This truly is one of my more favorite services and really does get your mind on forgiveness and spiritual growth.

Talked to Father a little about what I could add to my daily routine that would be positive and spiritual. I like the idea he laid out for me and then I got to take and make mine. I am not going to share what I am doing here on the blog. If you go to Church with me just come up and ask me if you're curious. This Lent I am seeking my own spiritual growth and peacefulness. However, I have also decided that, since I never can remember to do the daily readings during Lent, I am going to set myself a goal of putting down the daily readings for myself and any of you that would like to read along. Sometimes it's easier to read the Bible and say prayers when you have a reminder. That's all this project is - a reminder, and it is more to myself than anyone else.

So, to start off the Lenton season, here are the readings for Monday 2/27/12:

Isaiah 1: 1-20, Genesis 1:1-13, and Proverbs 1:1-20

No comments: