Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Against the Storm (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #4)Against the Storm by Kat Martin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I don't normally read Kat Martin's series novels, although I love her work. It seems I usually just read one book out of a series and I'm fine. Because she can incorporate stand-alones in her series work, I enjoy a good book and story and move on. Not this time! After reading Against the Storm, book #4 in her The Raines of Wind Canyon series, I am determined to read more of this particular series!

This book is a perfect stand-alone, Kat Martin does excellent work in telling any story she decides to tell, but the characters were so alive for me I want to get to know some more of the men in the series and see what has happened in their lives.

Trace Rawlins, the security expert in this novel is the cowboys' cowboy. He is an ex-Ranger and his description made my lil' ol' heart just flutter! I do declare! It was the same for Maggie O'Connell, a redhead (which just so happens Trace has a weakness for) with ambition, career, and life of her own. Maggie even makes the statement she isn't looking for anyone. We all know what happens when that gets said!

I won't give any more away about the book and story line. All in all, I just loved it.

Next for me in this series is Against the Wind. I am extremely excited!



View all my reviews

No comments: