Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Sitting Quiet for a Moment

It has been so long since I have been able to sit down and compose my thoughts and hectic life into some semblance of order that, for a moment, I felt over-whelmed by everything I felt like I needed to explain or say as well as all of those wonderful things I would like to share with all of you.

If everything goes well, as I believe it will, the long hiatus is over between me and blogging, as well as knitting and having a life. Yes, I am still working at the same job since January, but I am working from home now, which is something I am actually having to get used to, despite the fact I am working in my own home!

Gone are the times, currently, of having to get up and be ready for my ride on Wheels two hours before work just so I would be able to be there on time (not late). Gone is having to get up in plenty of time to put on the make-up and iron the clothes (or spray them with the Downy wrinkle-free stuff). And, much to my surprise, I miss it. I am sure this is a phase that is going to pass.

My entire unit is a work-at-home unit now. They trained us in office and then they sent us home to do our jobs. My wall in front of my work computer looks just like the cubicle wall at the office now with papers and slips of information and numbers here and there. Everything can be glanced at and used. It is quite efficient. Again, it is hard to believe it is all in my own home office.

All that needs to be done is to figure out the proper time of rising in the morning so I can get blogging and other writing projects out onto the 'Net or into e-mails for submissions to different magazines and places: Time management, in other words.

No comments: