Monday, January 10, 2005

Mmmmmm Journalszzzzzz........

I believe I am becoming addicted to journals. I have only one major journal on-line, and, although I don't really consider The News a journal (at least not a personal journal) I suppose it is . . . of sorts. But, the hard-backed kind . . . well, yeah, I'm addicted to them and writing in them.

See, I would call it a "collection" but the problem there is I use them. I have a journal for the current book I'm working on, a like-themed journal for when it is filled in order to continue the story; two black re-fillable journals (with refills) for stories and articles and little snippets of things I have ideas for, and my very private paper journal. Oh, and those two black journals? Well, see, one is for fiction and one is just for snippets, notes, etc.. Make sense? It does to me at least.

I was really beginning to worry about myself and all of these journals I lug around with me everywhere until I actually sat down, through all of this horrid sickness, sore throat, etc., and decided, actually decided I'm a writer, and I write more and better in journals than I do on the computer. And, Neil Gaiman is right: You can take a pad and a pen with you no matter where you go. So, I am addicted to journals and, well, I like it. Luckily every journal purchased has a purpose, and I'm fulfilling their use by actually doing what I had planned on with them.

The computer is no way out of the picture, of course. I use it for research and note-keeping, and I simply have to have some place to put everything I write in all of those journals. Life is good with paper, pen, and computer, isn't it?

*happy smile*

*cough, cough, cough*

No comments: