Thursday, November 30, 2006

This thing is painful!

Monday I was vomiting and feeling like I had the flu. Tuesday my back started hurting. Not to be undone, my chest began hurting. Badly. It was SO bad I could barely breathe. Just to be on the safe side, especially since this was a pain I could not handle or kick in the head to help ease my misery of it, I called Hubby and we went to the Emergency Room at Central Baptist Hospital here in Lexington. We arrived there at around seven o'clock in the evening and didn't leave there until four o'clock in the morning. The conclusion by the doctor is that my gall bladder is not being nice and I have pericarditis, which is inflammation of the chest wall. I have never had gall bladder problems before and never had pericarditis. Both of those suckers hurt. I mean they really, really hurt.

Quite honestly, according to the CAT scan and ultra-sound, my gall bladder is (was) dilated and there is a sluge thing in it. However, when it comes to pain, there is nothing that can match the pericarditis. I mean, it is horrible. While in the emergency room I was given three shots of morphine, and finally a shot of demerol to get the pain under some type of control. By the time Hubby and I left the hospital I was already hurting again.

Yesterday Hubby and I went to our family doctor and he gave me nice pain pills and some antibiotics for a possibly infected gall bladder. I could have kissed the man for the pain pills. My chest is sore to the touch and it hurts, badly. Right now I am waiting for said pain meds to kick in. When they do, I will be far happier than what I currently am.

1 comment:

Geneva said...

I hope you are feeling better
and will be all OK again very soon.
You don't know me, I am a fellow blogger who happened on your site because you listed "Don Juan de Marco" in your favorite movies. My blog is genevamanfred.blogspot.com
Get well soon.