Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Life of a Book Anew

Recently a friend of mine invited me to join Good Reads. It is a site where people can share with their friends what they are currently reading, what the want to read, and be able to share a few thoughts on said book. While I was logging in some titles into the book shelf on Good Reads I saw a link in the corner for Paperback Swap and clicked on it.

I had actually heard several people discussing the swap site and when I finally went and checked it out, I joined as well. A site such as this will help me to get the books out that I don't want to keep forever and permit me to find some books out there to read that I don't need to actually purchase. It is the perfect recycling tool for my books, especially now that everything has become so expensive. Since I know, as well as those who know me personally, I will continue to purchase books and read them, I may as well be able to share them and keep them from cluttering up my house. Now, if I can just get my darling Hubby to join it will be most excellent. Perhaps even he will get a kick out of getting things away from the house.

Sadly, I was only able to post one book to my book list, but that is because I haven't gone into the middle room to see what books I would be willing to part with. One step at a time, however, this step has been a refreshing one, a de-cluttering one.

If you haven't been to either of these sites I highly recommend them.

No comments: