Friday, May 02, 2008

Looking Ahead

I am sitting and writing this from Sullivan University's library. Today is the first time I have taken an independent trip on my own since my other wheelchair stopped way back in October. While I was getting ready to head out to Sullivan to meet up with some classmates for a meeting (we had to cancel it because one of the classmates had to work late), I kept thinking of all of the possible things that could go wrong where my dogs were concerned. They could slip out passed me and run into the street and get hit. They could get passed me and bite the Wheels driver. They could get passed me and...well, you get the idea. My stomach was really just a bundle of nerves and were making me quite aware of just how horrible my imagination was turning out to be. And, no, the dogs didn't make it passed me, nor did they really try (although JoJo was most curious about what Mom was doing and why she was so adamant about "backing up" and "staying"). About the time I made it out the door the Wheels van was indeed there. It was marvelous to see it, as well as a little nerve wracking because I didn't quite have the door closed. God was looking after me, though, because the driver is one of my favorites and we discussed movies all the way to Sullivan.

Now I am sitting here and wondering just how long it is going to take them to come and pick me up and take me to the Scabbard? I am not quite back into the flow of things, but I am finally on my way...again.

No comments: