Monday, November 30, 2009

A Good Movie Really Sucked and Weird Moments Abound

I wanted to see Ninja Assassin sooo badly, but after talking Hubby and Cheyenne into going to see it with me I was greatly disappointed. The movie was "good" in and of itself, but things were just too over-the-top (like all of the buckets of blood and body parts that weren't necessary to make the movie a good movie).

The best part of the movie was Rain - the protagonist of our tale. He looked the part. He moved like you would think a martial arts move should be done. He is definitely good looking, and he can actually act. These are all positives, yet the movie lacked so much that it is almost impossible to put my finger on one particular reason why it wasn't good.

Yes, the over-exaggeration of blood and body parts flying off at the touch of a shuriken or sword was a bit much, but it lacked, or missed the mark for what makes a good martial arts movie. There was even a story that made sense to follow, but it just wasn't there. Yes, there was tons of violence that actually sort of made sense on some warped level. Yes, there was a love interest that was one lost, a new love interest gained; there was suffering of the hero, but at the end of the movie I was left wanting something...more.

Hubby wanted to walk out of the movie within the first ten minutes of the movie, but, since I had purchased the tickets, I couldn't afford just leaving the theater because I don't make as much money as he does, and thus do not have the luxury of walking out on a movie I don't particularly care for after the first little bit.


In other news, I am still writing on the pretty, pretty drag queen's adventures. Unfortunately it feels as if I am only writing a word or two at a time.

No comments: