Friday, January 30, 2009

A Cute for the Day

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

There is still snow out there. One more day off for me. This makes me sad and concerned for my job, but there is nothing I can do at the moment, or at all really. I cannot use a shovel from the wheelchair. However, Hubby has just gotten home from work and has worked some on the front porch and the ramp. There is supposed to be a thaw beginning: Tomorrow it is supposed to be 37*F and 44*F on Sunday, just in time for some more snow on Monday. Hopefully the front that is coming in will not dump too much snow or ice on us.

The emotions of yours truly have been quite up and down today. Perhaps it is an irrational fear of losing my job because of the weather, but it is still there. Maybe if I had been able to work longer it wouldn't be such a big deal for me. There is a plan for Monday and getting out, especially if Hubby and friends can work together to get the ice and snow currently being the thorn in my side out of the way before Monday.

Sister2 said that there was enough of my Daddy in me to figure things out, and likewise reminded me I was indeed quite strong and tough, even though I might not feel it at all times. It was good to hear none-the-less.

In listening and watching the news today I must say Hubby and I are quite lucky in all of this. We have power and heat, as well as cable and Internet service. Many people do not have these creature comforts. We are actually blessed and, in all honesty, I need to concentrate on the blessings instead of the potential bad things. If worse comes to worse I can always find another job if this one does fall through.

According to my niece who lives in Florida, a friend of hers just spoke with her and said that it was already having some freezing rain and snow. With luck it will stop at the river for us. We could really use a break in all of this.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a way of heating driveways and sidewalks to thaw ice and snow in the winter? Maybe someone will discover a way of doing this without hurting the ecology. This is the 21st Century after all.

No comments: