Saturday, January 03, 2009

Feeling Like a Load is Off the Shoulders

I don't know why, but 2008 was a bitch of a year for me. My health suddenly declined. I had to leave school. I had to start looking for a job. My health didn't rebound like it used to; and I am stuck taking more medicine. The economy sucked huge big hairy monkey balls. Life was heavy. You know?

However, when 2009 chimed in with a kiss from Hubby and our dear friend Haro hanging out with us, the weight of 2008 went away. I felt lighter. Happier. I even felt more hopeful than all of 2008 rolled into one huge mass of hope!

I have actually been so hopeful and so filled with peaceful acceptance of a new year of trials, hardships, successes and happinesses that I made a list of New Year's Resolutions and, so far, after three days, have kept them all rolling. Yes, I know, I am teasing by not listing them here, but I really do want to succeed on those 21 little ideas about myself I would like to see change and be better.

Today, on January 3rd I look out upon the sunshine in my back yard and still feel as if that huge weight of what was has been lifted. What is feels lighter and brighter; what will be is still out there and still looking bright and hopeful and far more peaceful than all of 2008. You know how it is - some years are just easier than others, no matter how hard the hardships are and what happens in the middle. Some years it is just easier to accept and roll with the punches than others, and 2008 was filled with a lot of punches that landed on their mark - me.

2009 is going to be a much better year. I feel it in all of my achy bones and knitting fingers! 2009 is going to be wonderful! It already is!

No comments: