Saturday, January 24, 2009

It feels like I am home for the weekend from college visiting friends and family!

This work this is still taking me a little time to get used to. However, the first full week has been accomplished and we went live on the phones on Wednesday (the 21st). All of us made it. There were a few nerves for myself and the rest, but we soon got used to it and moved from one section to the next until we were answering the telephones like a pro on Thursday and Friday.

The one thing that is causing me problems is not work, but the absence of blogging! I cannot take my laptop with me to work, nor can I actually log in and blog from my phone, which is proving to cause yours truly to have blogging withdrawal which does cause some grumpiness. I guess I am just going to have to buck up and take my laptop into the living room with me of an evening and check e-mails and blog while some of my favorite programs are on and I am getting to sit beside my adorable Hubby.

Yesterday my unit was notified we could bring books to read, and magazines to look through during the down times - when there are no calls coming in. Since everyone knows I knit, I was giving permission to knit! Could this job get any better? Because we have "filler" moments, I am also going to take the new story and work on it during the quiet times. Working, knitting, and writing all in the same vicinity is beyond wonderful. I will know how it is all going to work out next week.

No comments: