Friday, January 16, 2009

Just...WOW!

It is dark outside my door. It is also quite cold - 12*F; however, me and mine (the dogs and cat currently) are inside and quite warm. I have never been more thankful for the blessings I have received than today, and I can't give you a solid, concrete reason why today more than any other day previously.

For the first time in many, many months everything is genuinely "working out" the way they are supposed to - good. I have not forgotten The News, or any of you, Dear Readers, and I am struggling trying to keep everything in my home moving forward as well as on-line and at the new job. This "working" thing is causing me some stress on the emotional side because I want to succeed and excel, and, at the same time, I am enjoying it to the point I am almost giddy when I get home from training!

Each day I have thought of this or that I would like to share with you all on The News, and by the time I get home and relaxed some, there is supper to fix and husbands to amuse and please, and dogs to play with until before I know it the time has arrived for going to bed! I have not had the day fly passed like this in my life, not even at school did this happen! It is wonderful, and, at the same time, it makes me sad because I really would like to share some things with you as well as preserve the day as it progresses and thus ends. Hopefully this will not become a habit: only updating on Fridays or the weekends.

It is my deepest hope that, as the work weeks progress and schedules are developed, I will be able to update daily, or semi-daily.

I have not told anyone at work I blog. I am not ashamed, of course, we all know this, but I do not know these strangers yet, although I believe we all will work together quite well. Plus, the manager is a stickler for "not giving out company information" and since I don't exactly know what is considered "company information" I am quite reluctant to let it out that I blog to them, or tell all of you very much of what is happening at work as far as training is concerned.

Nicknames have not yet presented themselves for my co-workers yet either. Each of them is interesting and as different as night and day from each other. The only thing we have in common for the most part is that we work together, but we also tend to get along quite well and laugh freely with one another. And, to be honest, my supervisors are my favorite people, mostly because I have spoken with them more as my ride gets me to work exceptionally early and it is usually just me and them. I hesitate there is a "bond" forming between us, but there is a familiarity with them I do not quite yet have with the others, except for one woman, a girl compared to me. She is quite sweet and so enthusiastic about life and living in general. She is very refreshing and just plain makes you happy to be around her!

I had forgotten, until today, the freedom being employed gives you. It is as if you have everything and nothing all at the same time. The job is a thankless one, true (call center), but it is necessary in today's society and business world, and, it finally hit me today that this is my job and I can either love it or hate it: I chose to love it.

The consciousness of the decision was actually quite subtle, but once it was made it was quite a serious one and it affected my entire being positively. Energy returned to my body and my mind became more alert, and my shoulders relaxed. It was a fantastic feeling.

So, I will update and I will share with you all, but I must first and foremost take care of this fragile health of mine and try and keep the stubborn streak as much under control as possible. Yeah, right. We'll see how long that lasts! But there is peace for once in a very long time, and I am enjoying it.

No comments: