Saturday, June 06, 2009

David Carradine

It is so surprising for me to actually sit here and write about the passing of Kung Fu's driving star. Watching episodes of the series actually got me interested in martial arts and Asia as a whole. Seeing him in other roles I found myself frightened or laughing or pulling for the unexpected hero in whatever character he took on.

Although I have not followed his career closely I have watched and hoped for him as he battled cancer and leukemia and still managed to have a life. It just doesn't fit with the personality we have come to glimpse that he would commit suicide while on set/area for a film. According to the article linked to above (just click the title of this article) the family has requested the FBI to investigate in Bangkok to get to the bottom of what happened. I agree. This simply does not make sense.

Rest in peace, David Carradine. May you have peace.

No comments: