Monday, June 01, 2009

One of Those Wonderful Moments:UP

UP

Yesterday Hubby and I and Cheyenne went to see UP. It was one of the most enjoyable movies I have seen in a while.

Not only was the movie in 3D but it starred my dog Chewie, but in the film his name was "Dug". The similarities between the two are so uncanny that all through the movie me and Hubby would look at each other and simultaneously grin and chortle: "CHEWIE!"

UP surprised me in the fact that it was intense for a "kids" movie, but, as with all Disney/Pixar movies there were elements for the adult as well as the kid in the audience, as well s in all of us.

Sitting there in the movie theater in the dark I was relaxed for the first time in a long time. Everything felt right inside me, as well as around me.

At the same time, my heart was a little sad for some unknown reason. Is it normal for such happiness to be accompanied by this feeling? This is the first time this has happened to me for a while. Perhaps I was just sad that the weekend was ending, and Monday - today - was looming large before me.

However, as far as Mondays go, today hasn't been very bad at all. The day job went well, the second job (more about that later) has gone well, and now the brain and body can simultaneously relax with my darling and my friends. Plus, this is June 1, and, for me, it is officially summer. Everything is good at the moment and I plan on enjoying it to its depth.

No comments: