Friday, June 12, 2009

The Long Drought of Words is Over

It has finally come to an end - that horrible drought of words. It wasn't writer's block exactly - there were many stories to write but it was just about impossible to decide which ones to actually work on. Today, partly out of boredom and a desire to correct a mistake made with the thriller novel, I began working on it again and suddenly the heavens opened up and the dam burst, and it began pouring down words like cats and dogs! It was fantastic!

The first chapter is done and a portion of the second has also begun. Not only are the words flowing, but notes are also happening and there is a sense of confidence where this is concerned. It feels good. It feels doggone good as a matter of fact.

I wrote between calls in the day job and found the day passing wonderfully. However, the question remains: Will I be able to work on it at all this weekend with hubby being home? He is supposed to go to G'town tomorrow for tai chi and I am half way contemplating going with him so I can actually get some more yarn (yes, I realize I need more yarn like a hole in the head, but it is yarn you realize....) from Stone's Throw.

Decisions. Decisions.

Still, this is good. This is VERY good.

No comments: