Thursday, December 16, 2004

On the Horizon: The First Snowfall of the Season

It has spat snow a couple of days this week. Despite knowing that once it begins to snow in earnest I will be snowed in for a good chunk of the winter (I'm not at all sure how well the motorized wheelchair can go in the snow), it was fun just to sit and watch it snow. Cappa, our cat, was in my lap, and I was surrounded by the dogs on the floor. The snowflakes fell so lazily, so gently it was like something from a book or a movie, yet ten times more beautiful because it was really happening. Now the weatherman, if he is correct, says it is going to snow on Sunday and Lexington is going to get its first accumulation of the snow for the season. Part of me is sad, but a bigger part of me is joyous. I think there is a part of the grown-up soul that always hungers for snow days, just like we did when we were kids. Snow days are just...magical.

No comments: