Friday, December 03, 2004

There's Something Odd About Writing Vacations...

Have you ever noticed the difference between Writing Vacations and "writing" vacations? See, people like Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, Stephen Neal and a number of other established writers go off to some secluded spot to finish their novels and such and consider it a Writing Vacation. Struggling writers, such as myself, take "writing" vacations. What exactly does that mean? It means we take breaks from all of the ideas in our heads and don't write for a short span of time and let our heads and story ideas and story weavers rest before bombarding us again. In this light, I have taken a short "writing" vacation to let my head clear and now I am back in full swing and preparing for the on-slot of story ideas, article ideas and the like for the next year or so. I can honestly say I actually feel refreshed, so refreshed in fact I nearly completed chapter 3 of my novel last night. Since it has been at a standstill for days, I look upon the writing of the words last night with great joy and fondness and a renewed zeal for finishing it!

No comments: