Saturday, March 19, 2005

Joss Whedon and Wonder Woman?

I'm a little worried about this one you all. Joss Whedon did well with Buffy but he also didn't end it when it should have been ended, but that's my personal opinion. However, this is WONDER WOMAN we're talking about. Dare he touch the female figure so many of us grew up with, admired, loved, and fought each battle with her? True, her comics are lacking a little in the story line right now, but, please, tell me he can do a good job and not really smash her to pieces. Please.

Whedon is still trying to work out the details of his script, including the setting and how to make Wonder Woman palatable to movie-going audiences that generally don't dig female superheroes . . . .

It is phrases like this one that make me want to shudder in not-too-happy anticipation.

Some of the people he is looking at such as Eliza Dushku and Charisma Carpenter isn't bad, but, of the two, Eliza Dushku could kick more ass in my opinion. Charisma doesn't seem like she can get over the "dumb girl" routine, but she could fool me, fool us all. Right now I'm voting for Dushku.

Please, Joss Whedon, treat WONDER WOMAN with respect and love. She was all we girls had way back when and many of us still adore and love her.



Eliza Dushku, the new WONDER WOMAN?

No comments: