Sunday, May 15, 2005

Mayfair Moments

Today was a coolish (below 80*F) and absolutely beautiful. Some friends wanted to go to the Mayfair at one of the smaller local colleges here in town, so Hubby and I decided to walk down there and meet them and look over everything as well.

Of course, when I say "walk" I mean move from point A to point B without the use of a gasoline powered vehicle. For Hubby this means his feet. For me, this means my nifty electric powered wheelchair.

Nothing out of the way happened in our walk down to Mayfest. It was peaceful and Hubby kept up a good quick pace. I didn't really enjoy that people there wasn't time to really be able to notice the houses we were passing, or look in the faces of the people who were out walking as well, but we had people to meet and I understood the urgency.

Once there we met up with our friends and I hoped we would have a leisurely time, but I still kept feeling rushed. Each new dog that came up to make friends I adored, but then I was called upon to hurry and told "You cannot pet EVERY single dog you meet here!" So, I passed by one very large chocolate lab who had bright eyes and was already wagging his tale as I neared. We both sort of drooped after passing by each other. Then, at the booths, there was also a rushing feeling. It made me sad deep down inside.

Am I so much a child these things not being able to happen in such a quiet way hurt my feelings? Or, am I just expecting to experience too much out of these things and no one else is ready to do that?

No comments: