Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Writing Places

In this recuperative stage I'm in, I have discovered a beautiful place in the back yard to write. It is a nice large space shaded by the mulberry tree and surrounded by honeysuckle bushes. Birds are every where and their different songs reach out and up with such fuss and glee it is impossible to feel sad there. An old card table is my writing table and there is enough space behind me in the shade for the dogs to stretch and relax in the shade with me.

This space is half-hidden and oh so delectable. Here you can easily see an English garden in the imagination, Victorian houses, or far distant shores populated with elves, dwarves, and humans, and monsters of every sort. Not only that, but the sky lends itself to calling forth the imagination and summoning up images of distant planets and "what ifs" of immense magnitude.

Yes, I love this "writing spot."

No comments: