Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A Wish, by H.A. Handy

A Wish
By H.A. Handy
Copyright (c) 2005 by H.A. Handy

If I had a wish to make
Guaranteed of its fulfillment
What risk would I take?
Or would any risk be taken?
Would I wish for perfect health for myself or another?
Would I wish for unending wealth so cold would pass over us in the winter?
Would I require world peace so that none would take a life
From north, south, west or east?
In that moment would I ask for the rejuvenation and health needed for you
Making living for you a joy and not a task?
If one good wish could ever be used with promise of it happening
I’m not sure for what to ask, because so much could we lose.
Each moment requires a decision,
Forcing us our free will to use;
And there, within ourselves, lies the division.
So, please, don’t give me that question to decide:
I could be selfish, or self-less;
Either way, part of me would hide.
###


What would you do?

No comments: