Thursday, February 07, 2008

Time and Space and How it Moves

Time moves quickly and space gets filled up.

We have been having some pretty rough weather here in Kentucky lately. According to the local weather 'casters there have been a number of tornado touchdowns in the past seventy-two hours as well as a lot of "high winds" that were not classified as tornados but did practically as much damage as a full-fledged twister. Harrison County, if I am not mistaken, has taken several big hits.

Here in Lexington there has been quite a bit of damage and up to 60,000 people are without electricity. I don't know what the number is right now, but it is over 10,000! There have been trees down, power lines down, property damage, but here on our street we have been spared a lot of the nastiness. Thank You, God.

Night before last our dog Chewie came to the bedroom door and whined. A big storm was happening outside and Hubby and I were trying to decide if he was just scared of if he was warning us bad things were happening. Chewie has been abused for barking, so he doesn't bark. (It is so bad that the other day he barked at the mailman and the sound of his own voice frightened him, then he looked at me as if to say, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do that!" Of course I complimented him and told him what a good boy he was and the poor fellow just looked confused. Hopefully if I praise him enough for barking he will begin doing so and not be so frightened about doing so.)

No comments: