Monday, September 29, 2008

The...Festival...Is...Over...For...One...More...Year...!!!


This little doggie is a perfect visual representation of how all of us felt yesterday at five o'clock when the St. Andrew's Heritage Festival was over.

The bookstore did relatively well this weekend. It did not make as much money as we would have hoped, but, thank God, this year we practically broke even and I must admit I was pleased (although yesterday turned out to be not my best physical day). And, to my knowledge, the kitchen was the big winner by doing $1000+! Saint Andrew's Church is filled with excellent cooks, as the sales have pronounced loudly. This year there was a lot of take-out instead of eat-in. Although it was different, it appears to have worked quite well.

Take-down for the festival took less than two hours, which is totally opposite from set-up, which took almost a week! By the time everything had been finished and me and hubby had finally made it home after dropping off a tray of baklava for a friend who had recently had an operation, we were exhausted. We had only enough energy to eat a bite of supper, which we had brought from the festival, and I was able to read a little of the novel currently on the agenda before I gave it up and went to bed at 9:22 p.m. Hubby stayed up longer watching a football game and relaxing in his own way.

One of the things Hubby and I did with supper was have a wonderful celebratory libation: He had a beer and I had a Parrot Bay mojito. It hit the spot, I tell you! I would have had another mojito, but, to be honest, I was just simply too tired.

Exhaustion was such the theme of the evening that Hubby did not bother to wake me up this morning really. He just gave me a kiss and went on off to work. I needed every ounce of extra sleep I got.

No comments: