Friday, November 12, 2004

The Novel Day 12

The novel is moving slowly. Today, however, it seemed as if the dam actually burst and ideas and words are just flowing forward. If the stream keeps going as it is, I will actually REACH the 50,000 word mark, and maybe an entire novel, or close to it, by the end of this month.

Getting everything organized for the novel has been a struggle, but the word count is growing (right now I am not comfortable enough to say what it is, but soon - promise).

Writing this particular story has been far more difficult than I expected it would be. Not because of characters or plot or anything of that nature, it is quite difficult because it is a GOOD story and I want to keep it that way.

I want it to be GOOD and promising. I want to write the sort of story I would like to read. So far, that is being accomplished. So far, I am really into the story and can see everything that should be happening and know why it is happening. Of course, there are those little surprises that creep in to keep me on my toes and soooooo very interested in what is happening from beginning to ... well, now.

It is also getting to the point to where I may have to print off the pages and write some of it long-hand in order to keep the feel the way it currently is, and to write on it anywhere I am and then type it into the computer. There isn't anything about this story I want to lose.

No comments: