Thursday, November 11, 2004

Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's Day. My Dad was a veteran, so when Veteran's Day rolled around we were all very keen on calling him, and, if possible, going to see him and several of his friends. For himself, Daddy would go and see some of the older veterans who were living then. His heart always mourned just a little deeper when he found out a veteran of WWI had died. "Without them no one is going to really believe it happened," he would say. Now, as the veterans of WWII are slowly fading away into memory, I understand what he meant. As I look to the future and see the soldiers of Vietnam and today, I respect them even more, and I hope their memory is always kept and honored, no matter what happens in the future with how posterity views the wars. They are doing their job and doing it well and losing much of their innocence and happiness in the process.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

No comments: