Monday, April 11, 2005

Let's Just Talk For A Minute :)

This passed weekend I had a weekend like I’ve not had in a very loooonnnngggg time. It was warm, sunny, and I felt GOOD! No aches. No pains. I looked good. I felt good. Every where I went people were meeting me with smiles. Hubby was in a good mood. Life was good. Having a weekend like this last one makes me look at the coming week with enthusiasm instead of dread. I and the world need more weekends such as this last one.

And, did this weekend make me think anything interesting or spot up something I haven’t thought about in a while? Why, yes it did, thank you for asking.

This passed weekend I realized I have friends. Not just friends who are passing acquaintances really, but real friends. I felt a part of things stronger than I have ever felt a part of them, and it felt good.

At one point on Saturday as I was shopping and picking up a few things for myself at the mall, much to Hubby’s almost consternation, I noticed I was smiling and holding my head high. People were talking to me and I was alive in every fiber of my Being. Used to, when this “feeling just right” thing would come it would vanish with some bad news. This pattern made me almost become afraid to be happy, but there wasn’t any bad news waiting for me when we came home. There was no bad news on Sunday. There has been no bad news today. What does this lead me to think? . . . . I should really get cracking on all of the stories chasing after themselves in my head.

Extreme happiness and extreme sorrow make me very creative it appears. For now, I am enjoying every single second of the good stuff. Words and stories, images and dialogue, conversations if you will, flow through my head so much I am currently uncertain where to start in order to get them all down! It isn’t an overwhelming thought or feeling – it is a very good one, because I’m not stressing. Life feels good and wonderful and I hope it stays this way for a bit.

There is going to be far more activity here at The News than there has been for a while I suspect, in fact, I’m looking forward to it.

So, welcome to the Summer Phase of THE KENTUCKY MOUNTAIN GIRL NEWS!

No comments: