Monday, February 06, 2006

We Lost It Again

Yes, we most certainly did. We lost the portable phone again, and it is the only phone we have in the house that rings. And now it's dead. It's dead and it doesn't ring any more which means the house phone, land line is pretty much useless except for out-going calls. I have threatened going out and buying another phone, one that will ring when someone calls, but I haven't done it yet. Part of me wants to keep the silence and the phone quiet in the house. Another part of me wants the phone to ring so I will know when someone is calling me. So many parts to one person and a problem. Isn't that always the way it is?

I know in the end we will find the portable phone and be able to put it on the charger and have something that will ring when someone calls, or I will actually break down and go and get another phone, perhaps two (one portable and one cheapo for the computer area). Right now, however, there is silence for the most part in the house when the television isn't on or I don't have music going. It is relaxing that way, but, sadly, it can't remain, not forever. It would get quite dull around here if I couldn't talk to people in the end.

No comments: