Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I've Decided I Still Live

Holy Week and Pascha this year has worn me out! It has worn me down to the core of my being and then perhaps a little further. However, it was absolutely beautiful and wonderful and I will do this again at Pascha 2008 as well.

For those of you who have asked, "Pascha" means "the Great Passover" because of Christ's sacrifice upon the cross. Of course there is more to it, but this is about all I have the energy for at the moment.

Pascha and Easter fell at the same time this year for the Orthodox and non-Orthodox alike. Holy Week was from Palm Sunday to Pasha/Easter. This meant we were at Church every night if at all possible, and Friday night, Holy Friday or "Dark Friday" as I have heard it called, me, Hubby, Cheyenne and Cheyenne's girlfriend (sorry, haven't come up with a name for her yet) made Holy Bread for the liturgy on Saturday. Once that was done much running was done and preparations made for the service that began on Saturday night at eleven o'clock in the evening.

For a while there no one went to bed before two o'clock in the morning or later. On Pascha evening we had our service and then the wonderful feast afterwards and most people didn't make it home until four o'clock Sunday morning! It was a splendid time!

So, for the past few days I have been sleeping quite a lot. Yesterday I was so tired I kept falling asleep, even during my beloved wrestling! I just couldn't stay awake. My body was worn out and my spirit was just too happy to deal with everything. Today I slept until Noon and am going to try very hard to go to bed by eleven tonight or perhaps earlier if I can get everything done I need done.

Knitting
Have finished the first of the baby bibs for L's new baby. It has already arrived and as far as I know mother and daughter are doing splendidly. I am making a set of three bibs out of wonderfully soft yarn that will feel spectacular, I hope, to the wee one. Once this project is done I am going to turn my hand to making something else. The "to make" list is SO long I just don't have a clue, at the moment, what I am going to make. Although I am leaning toward a summer purse. I have some wonderful cotton thread in bright green and multi greens and some yellow that would make a wonderful knitted bag. Since it was so expensive I could only get two balls of the thread so it will probably be somewhat of a smallish purse. Still, I believe it will look wonderful and be perfect to carry this spring and summer.

Hubby
Hubby has a job interview tomorrow. We are praying he will be hired. At the moment he is playing God of War and enjoying it. He finished KOTOR2 and said he felt a little jipped because the ending was somewhat anti-climactic and most of the loose threads were still quite loose. Still, he enjoyed getting to the ending, and appears to be enjoying GOW at the moment. Hopefully this will keep him occupied somewhat.

*** *** ***


Now that things are settling down again, there is probably going to be more regular posts and life is going to be pretty much good. So, until tomorrow, I bid you - good night.

No comments: