Monday, June 04, 2007

Yep, Monday....

Last week was a semi-busy week. This week is a semi-lax week in some regards. At the same time, however, it is filled to the brim with things to do. Luckily, this time it is mostly projects I want to do, so, therefore I am looking forward to them. Except for today. Today was yucky.

Yesterday Hubby, KP and I ate at Chili's here in Lexington. I had an Old Timer, which was lauded as a tasty old fashioned burger with pickles, onion, tomato, lettuce and mustard. It came with fries. It sounded good. So, listening to my gall bladder because I want no more gall bladder attacks, I asked for mashed potatoes instead and the lettuce to be removed from said burger. Sounds like a simple request doesn't it. Nope. Not according to the kitchen, bless their little hearts. Instead of plain mashed spuds with a sprinkle of cheese I got something that looked inedible with tons of paprika smothered over it, and a very plain, dry burger. Even though I didn't send back the burger along with the mashed potatoes, somewhere in the back of my brain I knew I should have.

Needless to say the OT appointment was cancelled for today because I had a horrible headache last night and my stomach made certain to let me know food was not going to stay put. Plus, I ran a low grade fever for all of last night according to my watchful husband while I slept. For most of today I have had a low grade fever, nasty stomach, and just plain and simple yuck feelings. Thank God I am finally feeling better. My fever broke about four o'clock this afternoon. Since then I have only drank some water and some coffee.

Despite the yuck-o feelings I made sure to call in to Wheels so I could head out to the movies for a short time tomorrow. I have really been wanting to see Reign Over Me and saw it was playing at the $1 theater here in Lexington. A really fantastic thing about this cinema is that people in wheelchairs like myself get in for free, so instead of paying for admission I can get myself some popcorn and a drink. Since my stomach doesn't feel that great at the moment, popcorn sounds absolutely wonderful.

I'll let you know how the movie was by Wednesday if at all possible.

No comments: