Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Confessions of a Collection

I am really not one to collect things. I don't collect comics or baseball cards or art cards or anything like that. I do sort of collect angel figurines, but those are mostly things people have gotten for me: I don't go out and actively seek out little angel figures.

Now, however, there is something that makes me get all excited and girlie; I go out and keep my eye open per chance I will see one I do not have. What are these things that have captured my imagination and eagerness to have many of them, different ones of them? Stickers.

Yes, stickers.

I put stickers on envelopes and letters, in my paper journal for adornment, and sometimes even on cards. At first I merely purchased them because they would give me something to put in my journal to make it all pretty. Now I go out and see them and, if possible, purchase a sheet or two.

Sometimes I purchase two sheets of the same sticker collection, or design. At first I was telling myself that it was because I wanted to make sure I had extra, but I have found myself setting back one page of doubles just to make sure I have them.

I knew I was in trouble the other day when hubby and I were at a small "everything is a dollar" store that was going out of business and he found treasures - Sailor Moon stickers! Not only did I squeal and virtually bounce up and down saying "I want it! I want it!" I also made sure to get a second sheet because there is no way I was going to open just one sheet because finding these stickers is very hard, unless you go onto eBay and then you usually pay more than what they are worth (still, I drool).

I sincerely love stickers. I admit it. I am coming clean. I am a sticker collector.

I collect them and I use them, and I want to keep them. They are little works of art, little works of art I can afford. So, now I give myself permission to be a sticker collector.

*happy, glorious sigh of contented peace*


No comments: