Monday, August 02, 2004

Poetry

Position Filled
By Henrietta Asher Handy
Copyright (c) 2004 by Henrietta Asher Handy

Position filled of hero wanted.
No more applicants need apply.

I have found the shoulders to cry on,
And the chest where I can hide my face and cry

The arms wrap warm around me, and the smiles smile down,
And the encouragement flows despite the insecurity that is me.

I have found the hero’s heart that can love,
Even the Me when all else fails, should it ever, there will forever be a WE.

Yet most important of all, he lets me love him,
Just as I am with all this heart can possess.

Position filled of hero wanted, no more applicants need apply.
It is time to know the love I have found and understand this happiness.


Do not reprint without permission from the author.

No comments: