Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let me in! Let me in! Let me in!

Today has been one of those summer rainy days where you really don't want to do anything except, perhaps knit, spin, or read a good book wrapped up in a light blanket. There has been a good portion of rain and scattered storms throughout the day, and now it is bright and sunny and humid and makes you very glad you have air conditioning.

However, earlier, when the rain was coming and going, the dogs decided they needed to go outside, and since it was nice and cool they didn't want to come back in straight away so I left them outside with the back door curtain pulled aside so we could keep an eye on each other. All was well in our respective worlds.

The rain hadn't been a problem for a couple of hours when Gabby jumped up and came barrelling for the back door. Her ears were up and she stopped just shy of running into the door. She was dancing from one front foot to the other and had this urgent look to her face as her tail was beating 90 in excitement and something of glee. She had this completely happy and eager look of "Let me in! Let me in! Let me in!" The other two were behind her and almost oblivious as to the need of such haste of coming inside, but if Gabby was ready to go in then so were they.

Leisurely I made my way to the door and opened it to let them in. As usual they filed in - Gabby, JoJo, then Chewie. Just as Chewie's tail cleared the door rain came down in buckets, sheets, torrents, and water-falls!

No comments: