Friday, August 01, 2008

quiet zen moment

Yesterday I did quite a bit of spinning. The TV was on in the background, which was the perfect "background noise". Once I looked up to see the dogs had encircled me and the cat was peacefully curled in the center of the living room rug and as asleep as any cat you have ever seen. She was so asleep that when JoJo walked over her to get to another comfy spot she didn't even wake up to give her even a half-hearted swat.

It was such a peaceful moment in time. It was peaceful as well as encouraging that everything was going to be all right in that zen sort of way. It was one of those moments where I was in the very center of it, and there was peace surrounding me. There haven't been too many of those lately for one reason or another, and that one happened yesterday encourages me that, perhaps, one will happen today. And tomorrow. And the next day.

No comments: