Friday, August 22, 2008

Some Decisions Are Impossible To Make!

Today I was supposed to go to the doctor. It was one of those important follow-ups where I was supposed to get test results and talk over those more important patient questions with said doctor. As you have guessed by now, I didn't make it. Why? Because WHEELS was running an hour behind. I called the doctor's office to see if they could see me any way, but was told the doctor's schedule was full and they couldn't take any walk-ins unless it was an emergency (which they would prefer the emergency cases went to the ER, and rightly so). This means that, once again, I had to reschedule this same doctor's appointment for the third time.

Why yes, I did get somewhat annoyed when all was said and done, but figured it would be best to just let it go and move on with the day. It is Friday after all.

However, before heading outside to wait on the bus that would not come, there was a horrible decision to make: What should I take with me for the "waiting" portion of the day? You know, waiting on the bus to arrive here and to bring me back home from the doctor's office; as well as waiting in the doctor's office. Knitting, of course, was the first thing that came to mind, but this also meant that it would be an extra bag to keep track of; and, the book I am currently reading came second. It wouldn't have been overly difficult to take both, but one would have been better than both and less to keep track of. It took a good thirty minutes to settle on the book. Even once the decision was firmly made, my hands still itched to work on the scarf currently on the needles.

No comments: