Thursday, September 16, 2004

A New Book on the Horizon

I believe I have stumbled into a novel.

Hmmm, that didn't come out exactly right.

I believe I have stumbled my way into writing a new novel.

Much better.

You see, I had this story idea. A good story idea. So, yesterday I started writing on it. When I finally was exhausted from working on it, I was up to the beginning of Chapter Five!

So far the chapters are very short with breaks that are working absolutely beyond wonderful. I can see, hear the characters. I can glimpse, a little, things that are just around the corner, so my own attention and interest is really intense in the action.

Admittedly, the "action" hasn't really started yet, but the excitement of what could be happening is there. Questions need to be answered and I know the setting where the majority of the story is going to take place.

We have friends betraying, nay torturing friends, and a love interest that, well, seems plausible.

As with much of my writing, I don't plan very far ahead because I like to be surprised. Unlike most of my writing, this one has an ending I can glimpse. Getting there is the fun part, at least for this character and story.

Oh, and I'm re-reading a very interesting book. One I may post excerpts from here. It makes me go .... "Whoa! I didn't know that!"

Much is happening and much is going wonderfully so far on the writing front.

Forward! Hoooooaaaaahhhhhooooo!

No comments: