Friday, September 24, 2004

An Up-Coming Birthday

Tomorrow is the 25th of September. The 25th of September is my Mommy's birthday. She would have been 86 years old this time.

Each year at her birthday as many of us as possible would try and gather together for it. As the end drew nearer the need to be with her on her birthday was a driving force for me.

Last year it nearly tore me apart realizing she wasn't with me ... us ... any longer. This year I hope things are different. I hope I can view the day with quiet happiness for having had her in my life as long as I did, and to honor the life she lived.

How am I going to honor her? I don't know. I've thought of lighting a candle for her on her birthday or having a special service done in her honor at Church. I may begin my Winter Project on that day. In whatever way it happens, I hope, on the 25th of this month - tomorrow - I can smile at happy memories instead of weep at her passing.

No comments: