Thursday, March 13, 2008

Finally

The final in CSC is over. It was taken yesterday. I must admit I am not at all pleased with it all, but there is little I can do about it now - what's done is done. If it must be re-taken, then it will be so and I will endeavor to do my utmost and pull an A out of that silly creature!

Gah!

Letting that silly class go in my head has become something a little trickier than I thought. Still, evening classes and one on-line class begins on March 24th, until then, however, I am free.

Free? You mean there is actually time to sit and do what I want and need to do? My poor head and heart won't know exactly what to tackle first, you know. Cleaning and organizing are going to be on the top of the list, and then writing. There is a short story that has been knocking around in my brain for the past couple of weeks, and it is about time it actually makes it to paper. I did try putting it down just on the computer screen, but it felt as if it was running away from me into uncontrollable spirals, so I am going to whip out the old reliable pen and paper, get it down, then type it up. It may come out in spurts, stories tend to do that you realize, so there will be spurts of writing and spurts of typing. About the only thing I can genuinely say here, comfortably, is that this story is most definitely a short story.

There might just be one more thing I can say about the story - I am sending this one off. I don't know where, but once it is finished it is going out to face the world. It has been several months, almost an entire year, since I have received a rejection slip, or an acceptance letter. Cheyenne has already received two rejections for a poem he has sent out. He is ahead of me this year. I might not be able to catch up, but I can give it a serious go.