Wednesday, March 19, 2008

You have not been forgotten, Dear Readers!

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

A lot has been happening of late. Not all of it has been good, and not all of it has been bad.

School
According to the registrar I did not pass CSC this last quarter. It appears that when I fell and hit my head that I missed two tests instead of one, and since I could only make up one of them I was sunk from the get-go. OK, I can deal with that if necessary, which it is necessary, of course, to do.

So, my class schedule has changed. I will have night classes this quarter, as well as a Saturday class. I tried my best to get out of the Saturday class, but there is nothing I can do about it. I must have a full class load and the only options available to me are the ones I have taken, including the Saturday class.

It doesn't really sound horrible, in many ways, but the class begins at eight o'clock in the morning on Saturday and is over at 11:40 a.m. Eight flippin' o'clock in the morning! And the subject matter - litigation. Yep, you got it, a hard ass class early in the morning on a Saturday!

Hubby isn't pleased either. He doesn't want anything to do with the Saturday class, but I think he is going to drop me off at class where Sniffles is going to be waiting for me to help me get to class. Sniffles has been a God-send so far this quarter. She is going to help me on Tuesdays and Saturdays and Hubby is going to drop me off on Thursdays.

What does this mean in general? No tai chi or Stone's Throw for me until the end of this quarter. Hubby is probably going to go on to tai chi, but he isn't happy about anything about this quarter because it has thrown everything off we would normally do - Saturdays are usually the days we spend together. It is "our" day.

I can't do anything else, and Hubby is unhappy.

I am somewhat unhappy, too.

This quarter stinks.

Plus, we haven't heard one single thing from Medicare about the power chair. You know, I really miss my life, the life I used to have.

Life in General
The arthritis pain has been pretty rough. Sunday I sincerely felt as if I had had as much as I could handle. Monday I was grumpy as sin, which Hubby detested and yelled at me for (this was also the day we found out about the changes in the school schedule). I guess I deserved being yelled at for being grumpy: I let myself give in to the seemingly never ending pain and discomfort.

Thankfully, today has been a little better, even though it is still raining and the temps are flip-flopping like a yo-yo.

No comments: