Saturday, September 03, 2005

Fantasy Revealed, Part vi

Here it is finally! Part vi is up and running. Part vii is on its way and it is very ... well, you'll see. Enjoy.




Fantasy Revealed, Part vi
By H.A. Handy
Copyright (c) 2005 by H.A. Handy



--VI--


As if both of us were cued off stage, we turned and looked back at where the King and retinue were advancing. Were they shocked? The king didn’t seem to be acting any differently, but, surely he would think something strange of me, right? I mean I felt strange about me as it was!

Dremor looked down at me curiously.

“Could you do that before?” he asked. I shook my head. It was true of course.

The world suddenly grew dark. I knew I was there with Dremor, but I was also somewhere else. Somewhere filled with horrible darkness and pain that seemed to riddle my entire body and made me wish I was anywhere else but where I was. Just as suddenly as this feeling came I was very much aware I wanted others, every living thing I could capture, to hurt just as badly. If it wasn’t going to stop, then others would join me, others would suffer.

Then there was quiet blackness filled only with screaming. My screams.

No comments: