Sunday, August 06, 2006

Drugged Thoughts

I am trying an experiment - I am going to attempt to make a contemplative post, or funny post, or just a post every day along with all of the other things appearing on The News.

In looking back at today I find myself being quite thoughtful. Today is the Feast of Transfiguration. This is when Christ went up onto the mountain with Peter, James, and John and was transfigured before them and Moses and Elijah appeared.

It is also the Blessing of the First Fruits. As its name suggests, it is the blessing given to farmers with their "first fruits" of the harvest. My husband took in a couple of peppers, his resume', and I took in my NWP saved to disk just for this purpose.

When the "first fruits" were blessed I felt relaxed and heavy. I knew this novel was getting done and would reach the October deadline set for it. I also knew this one has the best chance of them all at this point. It fills me with a sense of responsibility and creativity. It makes me feel like the writer I am supposed to be.

Had to take some of my stronger medications today when I got home. My right leg has hurt so much and so badly today I actually asked if we could go home. I don't do that, as in NEVER. Now, I am going to lay down and try and get my body back into some semblance of good.

No comments: