Tuesday, March 13, 2007

One of Those Questions

Why does reading encourage you to writ your own stories?

Lately I've been reading voraciously, as you all know. Today I finished another book. Moon Called, by Patricia Briggs. It wasn't a "romance" novel per se. A man and a woman didn't fall in love and live happily ever after at the end of it all, but there was a possibility of romance you could leave to your imagination. It was filled with lots of action and twists and turns that kept me reading and enjoying every moment of it until the last page. And, at the last page, I smiled, because I could see myself doing something along the same lines as the main character, Mercedes, or "Mercy" did.

This book was filled with werewolves and fae and witches and loads of action and guns and fighting and .... Just a good read.

About half way through it I kept thinking about my own project, WP#1. It needs to be finished. It needs to go through all of its cycles and have a beginning, middle, and end. It will undoubtedly meet its word count, but, quite honestly, it needs to be finished and, much to my surprise, I am ready for it to end. Reading as I have been doing of late has given me the release and relaxation I've needed to prepare for the ending of my own work. Isn't it odd how it works.

So, if you like action and a good heroine story with werewolves and the possibility of love, check out Moon Called by Patricia Briggs.

It's time I get to work myself.

No comments: