Thursday, August 25, 2005

Now and Then

I have wondered, more than once, where stars of my favorite shows are now and what they look like. So, I decided to look up photos of then and now of The Dukes of Hazzard just to see what the original cast members look like now as compared to then and this is what I discovered.



This was then. Uncle Jesse, Denver Pyle, passed away in 1997 right after the Dukes of Hazzard Reunion movie.



And this is them now at the CMT music awards. They don't look half bad.



Bo and Luke Duke then.









And this is now. Tom Wopat looks as if he has had a rough row to hoe but he still looks good, and what can you say about John Schneider other than he looks mighty fine! What else would you expect from Pa Kent? I believe part of Tom Wopat's charm is that he has that "everyman" quality and not just the star/muscian look. His eyes are still dashing aren't they.

I couldn't find a current picture of Catherine Bach except for the CMT photo which was a little sad, so didn't want to put up her old poster shot. How many guys did I know in the '70s that had that poster up on their wall or in their locker or something?! It was a fair number, more than I want to try and count.

What other shows did I love and watch almost religiously? Of course there was Gilligan's Island but SO much has been done on them what fun would it be to look them up? Batman of course and the old Tarzan series way back in the 1960s and I think early '70s. Who knows what I will come up with next!

No comments: