Friday, December 08, 2006

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas...

Today I am feeling better, just as important as feeling better is, something else important happened: it snowed. It wasn't a huge downpouring of white flakes, only my back ramp and part of my back yard had white stuff to speak of having even a slight dusting of snow, but it was enough to give my big, four-legged girls a wonderful romp and roll in as much of the white stuff as they could possibly find. Tails wagging, ears perked, tongues lolling, they went out with a new spring to their step and a new mission it appeared - to get as much of the snow on them as possible. Sadly I did not have a camera available, because I would really have loved getting a picture of them all gleeful and happy with that tiny amount of snow they had.

The temps are quite cold here, too. It is currently 11*F and feels as if it is in the single digits with the wind chill factor added in. There could be a wee bit more of snow tomorrow. The cold combined with the little snow has given me the wonderful boost to the Christmas spirit I needed. After letting the dogs back in from their romp I bundled up with my nice red lap cover and hustled me to the computer where I shopped like a mad woman. I shopped via computer/online and actually had an absolutely wonderful time. Besides it being quite fun, it was also quite successful in the accomplishment of the purchasing of gifts for the giving. It was so successful that, except for one present left for me to get, everything else is in the stocking stuffer areas and, of course, cookies and candies.

Packages have been arriving at the house all week and today there was an absolute plethera of them on the porch when my loving husband went to get the mail. It was wonderful! It felt...well, it felt like Christmas and it felt good.

Since the pain has decreased mightily, and despite the weakness I am still having, I am feeling better and feeling more like it is indeed Christmastime!

So, sing carols and lift that cup of coffee, tea, and cheer in general! It's Christmas and it only comes once a year! It is the time of hope, the true beginning of another year!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: