Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Birthdays, brrrr, and braid.

Today is Hubby's birthday! Happy birthday Hubby! In celebration of his birthday he took off work today and since he was off work I decided to cancel my ride to the yarn shop so he could take me later. Mistake. We are still home, but it is far warmer here than it is out there, so I am not rushing out into the cold overly much today. The shopping will get done and the world will keep on spinning, despite it being a little choppier than normal plans. Still, it is a good day already.

Yesterday - this is where the braid comes in - I made my first ever i-cord in knitting! It was amazing to watch as a rope like structure appeared from three knitted stitches on a needle. It was magnificent! It made me feel quite proud and very much like a closer-to-being-accomplished knitter!

Tomorrow Hubby goes back to work and, with luck, there will be more yarn for me to play with and make pretty things with and I can perhaps get some more dishes washed (our water has frozen here and there because of the cold temps). Maybe I will relax and just enjoy being warm.

No comments: