Saturday, January 06, 2007

Something good from a fortune cookie

I love Chinese food. Simply because of this it would be silly of this not to like the sweet crunchiness of the fortune cookie. It is fun sitting around the table and letting everyone recite their fortune cookie wisdom. Sometimes it is appropriate and sometimes, well, the laughter echoes with mirth as well as a couple of confused looks here and there. What the heck was that supposed to mean, be, et.c.?

Last night we had Chinese food delivered. Hubby and I were both tired and cooking felt like one big chore. I usually eat my fortune cookie after my meal, but last night I saved it until today. It was consumed just a few minutes ago.

I unfolded my little slip of a fortune. Read it. Re-read it. And read it again. Yeah, it was one of those appropriate ones, especially since I have been wondering if I could tackle one project that is really weighing on my mind. Did I have the strength? Did I have the smarts? Did I have the drive? Did I have the will? So, you get the idea.

Do not underestimate yourself. Human beings have unlimited potential.

It is really nice when God surprises you with something neat. So, just so you know, Sir. Thanks. I really did need that.

No comments: