Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm Still Alive, but There has Been Fifteen Hour Operations

Yes, I am still alive. Still kicking. Still feeling as if life is suddenly full and pulling me forward at a breakneck speed. It is fun for the most part. Except for those days when I lose my footing in the "breakneck speed" thing and get drug for a few hundred feet before Life goes, "OK, sorry about that. Why don't you rest for a moment?" Yesterday was one of those moments.

It has been coming on for a while. I have felt myself losing pace with everything and stumbling here and there in attempting to keep up. Yesterday just happened to be the final moment when I couldn't regain my footing. It began quite normally with getting up at 5:30 a.m. and then heading to school, which, to my surprise, was quite relaxing. I had a good three hours before I had to work in the tutoring lab so I used that time to relax and eat some popcorn, watch one of my favorite soaps, and get some major legal research done. At work someone actually came in for help!

After work I headed to UK hospital to check on how everyone was doing because Jay was having his operation. If I am understanding correctly, it began about 2:30 p.m. and ended at 5:00 a.m. this morning. My niece said the surgeon told her it was a 15 hour operation! Hubby and I stayed at the hospital as long as I could take it which meant we were not home until about two o'clock this morning, which left only three hours of sleep for me. When my alarm went off my feet were throbbing. I had already been dreaming about walking up this mountain and my feet were absolutely killing me. It was also happening in reality (except for the walking up a mountain part of course). So, I didn't go to school today.

I've slept. I've eaten. I've relaxed. I've studied. Lucky for me there is this thing called "Free Friday" at school which lets you make up the things you've missed. I am putting my first Free Friday to use. I feel more relaxed about school right now than I have for quite a while.

OK, off to bed with me now. More later kiddos.

No comments: