Saturday, July 24, 2004

A Friend's Thought

Shane Stewart is a fellow writer and a good friend of mine.  He has listened to me cry on the phone several times over the recent happenings in my life and has also been the best friend of hubby for many years; he has also led many a D&D role-playing session for me and many friends.  He sent something to me which I am posting here.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Do not republish.  This is not my work and I do not claim any copyrights to this material.

  
 
Johnny Cash Wouldn't Lie
By Shane Stewart
Copyright (c) 2004 by Shane Stewart
 
I can't remember when I was last this cold.
Don't really know when the ice
Got built up so far.
It's thick.  Heavy.
I've been caked in ice before,
But never this much.
How do I move in all this ice?
How can I move and still be this cold?
Moving should move my blood.
Moving should warm me.
It does not.
I shake continually.
My skin always crawls,
My blood is always chilled.
I only vaguely remember
Being warm.  Safe.  Happy.
I think I'll be warm again.
The Man in Black told me so,
Just after the winter set in,
I heard the song.
Devils and fiddles and rematches and practices.
I heard it.  I heard him.  Dawn comes,
That's what he said.
Dawn comes.
The Man in Black told me -
After the dark, cold hours,
Dawn comes.
 
 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really supposed to mean something. Does it have to do with HAH and how she has been fighting with the grief she is feeling? I didn't copy it but showed it to a friend of mine and she agrees this is very good. It is sad and hopeful all at the same time.

How do you get to submit here anyway?

Good luck.