Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Political Ramblings and Possibly an Observation

I am not a political person.  Yeah, I know, I said that before.  If I'm not a political person, then why am I paying so much attention to events I normally wouldn't?  Take the DNC (Democratic National Convention) for example.  I didn't get to watch any of it last night and I was very disappointed!  That isn't me.  Is it?  I mean, wanting to hear some of the speeches doesn't make me heading toward the political arena does it?
 
What I think is happening is that I am learning more and more about myself.  I say I am a conservative liberal politically.  I disagree with a lot of what goes on in the political world, yet I am very conservative when it comes to using abortion as a means of birth control.  Men and women should take a little more responsibility there, but in some cases I understand it needs to be present.  I am not in favor of partial birth abortions - the baby (and it is a baby) is permitted to be born to a certain level before it is killed.  It doesn't matter how much you want to argue, that's just wrong to me.  Of course, these are my own opinions and I don't try to shove them down anyone else's throat.  It is ok with me if you disagree, just don't try to make me believe your way.  I guess I have a live-and-let-live attitude. 
 
All of this, of course, is just an example I am using to point out my "conservative liberal" tag I just placed on myself. 

I was very disappointed when I didn't get to hear Barrack Obama's speech.  I was very disappointed I didn't get to hear Teresa Heinz Kerry's speech.  Go figure.
 
Could it be (I shudder at the thought) I am actually beginning to think my opinion matters, or my vote?  I am not a Democrat, I am not a Republican, but I am very interested in what is going on in my nation at the moment.  Something needs to give, and give in a good way.  I can't help but wonder if Bush will attempt another political coupe like he did the last election and if, maybe, just maybe, John Kerry is the Kennedy for this nation now.  (Hopefully he will have better success than JFK did.)
 
I mean, really, look at the similarities between the two.  Both of them are war vets.  Both of them are going against the grain, yet gaining momentum as the election nears.  Both of them are extremely handsome, and both seem to have ideals they are really willing to work toward.  For some reason I see hope with John Kerry and not so much hope with Pres. Bush.
 
Wow, I just endorsed someone.  I'd better stop while I still feel relatively clean.

No comments: