Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Blissfully Tired

I know I should have posted this earlier, but I have been trying to catch up on the writing pretty much all day. B wanted to do other things than let me write, such as go to the gym, but we both ended up having a good time there. I am actually beginning to look forward to going to the gym. Still, I have managed to get some work done on the novel and can say, with some relief, Chapter Three is now completed.

It isn't perfect. Chapter Three that is. It isn't what I want, but I just can't keep going back over it and working on it until I'm satisfied with it. If I do that then I'm not going to go on and actually begin the next chapter. Still, Chapter Three is close to what I want, so I have let it be where it is with firm convictions and plans on making it perfect when the book is completed for the first draft. Not everything can be perfect the first time 'round, but it can be dang close.

Also, if all goes well, there will be a book review up from yours truly before the week is out. For some reason the writing process has brought out that ravenous hunger for the written word. It feels good, too. It feels as if I'm working as a writer is supposed to work.

No comments: