Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Heartfelt Change

There are moments in life when you know things are changing. You can feel it, experience it in a distant manner, but you know it's happening. This is happening for me right now. Things are changing and it can be good. It can also be bad. Still, I am being optimistic - this is a good change.

What is changing?

Me.

I am becoming the person I've always thought I could be. It is a little frightening of course, changing the person you were with all of those faults and trying to make them change and different. Sometimes it looks like an impossible task, and then, when you least expect it, you see how you have changed and are changing and it is an amazing thing.

One area of my life that has changed has to do with my writing, of course. I am working at it seriously and feeling a pleasure in it I haven't felt for a long time. It is hard work and I end up tired at the end of every successful day of writing as if I have indeed accomplished something. It doesn't seem to matter if someone is going to read what I've written or not. It doesn't matter how many times the piece is rejected - in my heart of hearts I know this is a good piece and the time and effort I have placed in it so far, and all of the time and effort I will continue to put into it until it is finished, is definitely not something that is wasted.

There is a pleasure also in this Blog I didn't fully appreciate until recently when the novel started taking off with all of its successfulness in words. This little Blog has helped to give back my confidence I used to have, because you out there are reading it. It doesn't matter if anyone comments, I know someone is looking at The News and hopefully enjoying what is present. That is absolutely beyond wonderful!

So, thank you all for being out there and reading along with this silliness of mine as well as the seriousness of it.

No comments: